Innovation Grants are mini grants of up to $1,000 each, which allow YCAL the opportunity to fund innovative projects that support its mission to “engage students in career exploration and development.” Ideal grants are for a pilot project that promotes one or more of the four PA Career Standards and includes some form of collaboration with a local business partner.
YCAL is proud to announce that the Innovation Grants program is returning for the 2021-2022 school year! Grant applications will be accepted starting on Friday, October 1, 2021 through Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 11:59PM. This opportunity is available to all K-12 educators within our YCAL Partner Schools.
This year, YCAL is very proud to announce the support and partnership of RHI Magnesita. RHI Magnesita is the global leader in refractory products with their largest North American manufacturing plant based in York, PA and is a consistent support of innovation and business education partnerships. We are proud to join them in presenting this Innovation Grants opportunity to our educators this year.
When the packet is completed, click on “CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION” at the bottom of the last pages of the packet to take you to the application summary submission form. Please be sure to follow all instructions on the summary submission form to make sure your form has been submitted and your packet has been received. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Innovation Grant Recipients
2021 Innovation Grant recipients deserve extra recognition for their efforts to effectively undertake an Innovation Grant in the midst of a challenging educational environment. While we did not get to recognize them in-person, we virtually celebrated their efforts and drive to engage students in one of the career education areas! Presented with support from RHI Magnesita, YCAL awarded a total of 9 Innovation Grants, totaling $7,803.46, which was estimated to impact over 1,725 students within the first year of the projects.
2020 Innovation Grant Recipients
2020 Innovation Grant recipients were recognized at the 10th Annual Career Education and Work Standards Symposium. YCAL awarded a total of 12 Innovation Grants, totaling $10,217.18, which were estimated to impact over 2,100 students within the first year of the projects.
- Jennifer Beck & Lizzie Anderson – Sinking Springs Elementary (Central York School District)
- Sinking Springs School Shoppe
- Nicole Weisz – Central York HS (Central York School District)
- Panther Stationary Project
- Ellen Connelly – Dallastown Area Middle School (Dallastown Area School District)
- VR Proportions of the 21st Century
- Matt Robinson – High School (Dallastown Area School District)
- Financial Literacy Stock Ticker Display
- Tim Smith – Dover Area High School (Dover Area School District)
- Sublimation Printing
- Jennifer Gebhart – Washington Elementary (Hanover Public School District)
- Elementary Robotics
- Josie Cook – Shallow Brook Intermediate (Northeastern School District)
- Sustainable Green Outdoor Classroom Arena
- Casey Kramer – Conewago Elementary (Northeastern School District)
- Little Cub Town
- John Royer – Red Lion Area Senior High School (Red Lion Area School District)
- Backyard Structures
- Angie Jordan – Shrewsbury Elementary School (Southern York County School District)
- Career Builders
- Kristyn Rost – West York Area High School (West York Area School District)
- Raised Bed Gardens
- Jillian Giese – York Country Day School (York Country Day School)
- Model of the Four Chamber Heart